<VV> LM Heater Blower Relay

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 6 17:34:16 EST 2010

If you are blowing a 20A. fuse, think about what it's doing to the heater
switch.  The contacts are kinda wimpy at best and by now corroded\dirty. The
motor will draw less current at slower speeds, thus putting less strain on
the switch.  I'd check the condition of the blower motor itself, maybe all
it needs is some lube on the bearings.  That motor, even the heavy breather,
shouldn't draw 20A.  If all else fails, install the relay.  Any Bosch type
relay will be fine.  As a plus, hi speed will be higher (more blow) due to
less voltage drop to the motor.
Jim (likes relays)