<VV> FW: RE: FS: Gas Heater for a 1960

Robert & Doreen Jennings jennirw at cass.net
Mon Dec 6 21:50:40 EST 2010

A gas heater can be installed in any 1960-64 Corvair or FC but unless you
have all the wiring, hoses, combustion blower & exhaust parts you may not be
able to find them.  If the heater doesn't work, which most of them don't,
you may not be able to get the necessary parts to repair it. I have two 60
Corvairs and I have yet to get either heater running, I completely rebuilt
one using a spare heater & components and still have not got it working. I
got the spare heater from another club member for free and it looked to be
in good shape after I disassembled it.  Cleaned it, re-gapped the spark and
made an exhaust for it.  I would think $200 would be a fair price for a
working heater with all the necessary wiring, hoses and exhaust.

Robert Jennings

317 Division St

Morenci, MI 49256

517-458-1586

jennirw at cass.net

I'm not a caveman, but I just came across someone who's not too computer
literate who offered to sell me a gas heater taken from a 1960 car.  He
wants $200 for it.  I'm not sure if that's a good or bad price, but I do
know that the price of another item I purchased from him was more than
reasonable.

I'm also not sure of the possible range of applications for this item (e.g.,
1960, FC, etc.), but someone who's looking for one undoubtedly will.

If you're interested, please contact me offline and I'll send you the
seller's name and telephone number.

Steven "hoping this helps" Serenska

1965 Monza Convetible, 110/4, going into storage this weekend

1966 Corsa Coupe, 140/4, still roadworthy

Steven J. Serenska [corvair at serenska.com]