<VV> filter

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 18:12:33 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/7/2010 11:15:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

There  are special 'racing filters' available from some name brand
purveyors for  those abnormally high pressure applications prevously
mentioned. Possibly  Purolator & Mobil1.

Bill Strickland

But they are not available in the "Corvair" format. On my  Corvair race
car, I added a remote filter in the front, near the oil  cooler. It uses the
"Big Ford" format filter. Which allows any of the compatible  racing filters.
The adapter I picked up at a swap meet a number of years  ago. It was made
by TRACO, Travers and Coon, a famous Souther California racing  engine
builder from the 60's and 70's. So my Corvair is "Traco" equipped. (Kind  of)

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA