<VV> 67 TURBO ?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Dec 10 08:48:03 EST 2010

Here's the Corvair turbo history as I recall it.  All stock turbo Corvairs are either Spyders or Corsas.  Saying "Monza Turbo" might be technically an accurate description, but it leaves out the fact that the Monza in question has the Spyder package.

- '62 & '63 the Spyder was available only with the turbo, as an option package to the Monza.
- '64 the Spyder is it's own model, still turbo only.
- '65 & '66 the turbo is only available as the optional engine on the Corsa, like the '64 Spyder a unique model.  The 140 is the base engine for the Corsa.

Of course a turbo Corvair engine of any year can be installed into any Corvair, but from the factory the turbo engine only came in Spyders and Corsas.  If someone told me they had a "Monza Turbo" I would assume it's a swap if I had no other information.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 Kid cars: 00 Grand Marquis, 00 Miata