<VV> GM had every reason to discontinue the Corvair

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 11:09:00 EST 2010

I'm no transmission expert, but I thought there was also an issue with the
gov't. safety requirement to make the trans down-shift instead of
free-wheeling.  The 2-seed units (for all auto makers) had only low gear to
shift to so they would have problems at the higher speeds (maybe up to
50mph).

David O'Neal

 Not autos!!   You are thinking of the old "Planetary  Overdrive" units on 3 speed manual trans...they free wheeled.

Why we have 4 / 5 /6 /7  speed manuals and autos!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/