<VV> OT: Vegas

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Fri Dec 10 11:55:01 EST 2010

The Vega was a great addition to GM's inventory of performance cars produced. While I feel they really flunked the test for an economy road car, ... I can't tell you how many hot rods, and drag cars were built . There had be 100 just in my area [Maryland] , as well as many , many repowered ones on the street. I had a chance to drive a Vega with a 215 in it. While it wasn't a "GROUNDSHAKER", it had plenty of "ZIP" , and handled reasonably well. A friend built a Vega wagon with tube chassis and a 406 small block. I never got a ride in it , but , I know it ran 11's with street tires.