<VV> 1968 Corvette Influences

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 22:15:20 EST 2010

We may never know the complete story. Chuck Jordan, the GM design chief
during much of that era died yesterday. A design era died along with  him.
Chuck addressed the Palm Springs Fan Belt toss banquet a number of  years ago,
then drove home in his Ferrari. The Corvettes of the era were some of  the
last Bill Mitchell controlled design group.

The Prototype for the 68 Corvette was the 1965 Corvette show car, the  Mako
Shark  II. It is a dead ringer for the 68 Vette. In 69, the car was
updated to the Manta Ray - Lots like the last C3 Vettes. Unlikely the  1966
Phoenix influenced the Vette, more likely the other way around.

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 12/10/2010 4:47:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,