<VV> Yenko Stinger II

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Sat Dec 11 17:31:47 EST 2010

Michael: I don't know what is on the net about the Vega based Yenko Stinger
II.

But I have the paper work from the SCCA's files indicating Don intended to
produce them and get them classified as D-Prod cars.  It had a 4 barrel carb
and no turbo.  But the Feds got in the way with crash testing and emission
requirements, which killed the project.  Yenko did offer a turbo conversion
kit and some other mods, but apparently there are no currently known records
of how many cars were done, either as Stinger II's or conversions.  Best
guess is less than the fingers on one hand for the YSII and unknown on the
turbo conversions.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

Message: 2