<VV> 68 Vette, C.Jordan, Astro I and Opel GT's.

David O'Neal dnoneal at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 13 11:17:16 EST 2010

I like the car OK but it's obvious GM did not spend a lot of time designing
the Chevy II.

I think the V8 is what killed the Corvair as much as anything.  And the
Mustang was available in a cheaper base 6-cyl. version as well as their many
options including more power under the hood with the standard 2bbl. V8 and
the HiPo's.  The Chevy II followed suite.

In the 50's the V8's were luxury options, but by the 60's almost every car
had one available.  The public did not buy the idea that the Turbo was a
serious competitor to the V8's.

David O'Neal