<VV> 68 Vette, C.Jordan, Astro I and Opel GT's.

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 14:15:28 EST 2010

I gotta go along with David, ... IN our neck of the woods, All the guys wanted V-8's. The bigger the better. You could buy a Corvair, with a 140hp , and a 4 spd for around 2500$. You could buy a Nova with the base V-8 [283 & 3 in the tree] for about 2800$. Then in '67 you could buy a Camaro w/base V-8 [327 -2bll - 3 on the floor] for about the same money. Put Lakewood bars, a high rise & Holley, a competition tune , and that car would fly [ high 14s]. Just a little more [headers , Crower cam and kit] and you were in the high 12s. I think the Corvair was run off the road by GM'S own cars. There were a fair amount of Corvairs around my area too , but they were all 110 powerglides, driven by Granny Goodwitch or OLE' PA Kettle.