<VV> 68 Vette, C.Jordan, Astro I and Opel GT's.

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 16:40:07 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/14/2010 2:16:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
moonpie8n at comcast.net writes:

I think  the Corvair was run off the road by GM'S own cars.

Maybe, but none of those V8s could follow it through a corner or pass a gas
 station.  I stayed a GM person in the 60s, 70s, and 80s because of my
Corvairs.  Probably the only reason I bought GM cars later.  BMWs,  Alfas and
Fiats cost too much to fix, rusted out and broke down.  But my  Corvairs were
cheap to operate, dependable and embarrassed the boy racers on an  almost
daily basis.  All the points that have been made are correct for the  North
American market, but 1.8 million Corvairs went to people who appreciated
(heck, loved) their virtues.

Bob Hall