<VV> Flat six at Indy?

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 18:35:18 EST 2010

You guys are always one step ahead of me, ..... but , I think we all know the formulas at INDY are politically designed [whatever Penske and Ganassi like]. IN the '80s [maybe a little later too] you had to have a March , or McLaren to be competitive [like Penske and the "POWERS THAT BE"] My understanding is that the "Aero" package was designed for those cars. I wish the "BIG" race was made up of American race cars and engines [like the "OLD" days]. With the exotic metals , and coatings we have today, I am surprized they haven't figured a way to get even expansion and control the heat while making 800 hp [or more]. After all , you can feed it with 200 mph air, then duct it to where you want it to make the "AERO" work......