<VV> Chrysler turbine

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Fri Dec 17 19:26:12 EST 2010

Ahh!  That is the Chrysler Norseman, which had a 331 hemi in it.  A
beautiful car, as seen only in pictures.

It took the Andrea Doria what, two days to sink?  I'm sure there was plenty
of hand-wringing and indigestion on the part of Chrysler executives.

I've read that divers have gone over the Doria's wreckage and have seen
glimpses of the car.  They say it is a rusted hulk and that's why it's never
been salvaged.

How cool would it be for someone to buy(who would you pay?) the rights to
the ship and salvage things from her.  I wonder what would still be viable
54 years later?

And as for the subject auto, the Turbine car, there are 5 (maybe 6) in
existance.  Sad though it was to see them all crushed, that was part of the
program.  They were built overseas and that is the only way Chrysler could
get out of paying import fees and taxes.

Mike Clark
Plenty of rusted hulks of my own
Stockbridge, Georgia