<VV> CORSA Communique

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Dec 18 15:29:52 EST 2010

At 04:38 PM 12/17/2010, Jamie & Tanya Reinhart wrote:
>All, For some time now I have been talking about some of the
>challenges that CORSA is facing in these changing times. Today I am
>announcing one of the changes the CORSA Board has made to help with
>these issues. Starting in January of 2011 CORSA will publish (9) 32
>page issues of the Communique. The production schedule will be as
>follows: January-February, March, April, May, June, July-August,
>September, October, November-December. This is an exciting and
>innovative approach to how we communicate in this organization, and
>it will not only save CORSA a significant amount of money in 2011,
>but will present us with the opportunity to include more content in
>each magazine.
>
>In addition to the new production schedule, CORSA has a new Feature
>Editor. Terry Kalp has stepped forward and volunteered to take on
>the position and will add a fresh, new perspective to the look and
>feel of the Communique.
>
>Also, the CORSA Board members, along with the website committee and
>other individuals are at this time alpha testing the new website.
>The site looks and feels completely different than the old site and
>I know you will be very happy with the end results. I am hoping that
>sometime in early 2011 we will be able to go live with the new site.
>I will keep you posted.
>
>Please feel free to post this message on your websites, put it in
>your newsletters, and send it via e-mail to your fellow members.

To the Powers That Be:

This is a damned good idea.   It's one of the best things I've heard
to date which could actually cut down expenses without causing grief
among the membership.   Jan-Feb, not a lot is happening... winter
places a bind on events and those that do come off will be fully
covered by the combined issue.   Jul Aug, same thing only for the
opposite reasons, Nat Convention happening about that time and
everybody else is staying inside by the AC or are vacationing at the
beach or the lake or snowbirding someplace.  Nov Dec, same as Jan Feb.

This is a good plan.

And Kudos to Terry for stepping up.    Likewise, to the board for
making a move.   Sometimes it seems that with almost any organization
such as CORSA, that nobody could ever agree to even disagree on a
plan to reduce costs without conflict.   It's good to see something
get done.

tony..