<VV> Emergency Brake-fest!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 15:11:05 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/28/2010 11:37:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

Did just  that a couple weeks ago.
Had to take the Eldo thru emissions, and upon  leaving, the brake pedal
didn't feel right...like I blew a line. Sure  enough. Now what; I'm 20 miles
from home, all residential roads, what do I  do? The SENSIBLE thing would be
to pull over and call a rollback. But  nooooo; I had to be Mr. Impatient; I
can get this pig back home with the  emergency brake, provided the lights
are
in my favor, especially the one at  the bottom of a long hill en route (it
was).

No Problem, Harry - I've done stupider things. How about continued an
autocross run with the 140 throttle linkage stuck open, using the  ignition key
to "shut" the throttle? - Hey, it was a points event! I  still won the
class! We have probably all done stupider things. And if stupider  isn't a word,
it should be.

The folks who do REALLY stupider things? They aren't around to defend
themselves! <grin>

Seth Emerson