<VV> Emergency Brake-fest!

chaz at ProperProPer.com chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Dec 28 18:58:26 EST 2010

Darwin's theory at work ~ they eliminate themselves from the gene pool and
clean up the species ~ unless they've already reproduced like unto their
kind ?

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Sethracer at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:11 PM
To: hyarnell1 at earthlink.net ; chsadek at comcast.net
Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org ; fastvair at yahoogroups.com
Subject:  Emergency Brake-fest!

In a message dated 12/28/2010 11:37:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

Did just  that a couple weeks ago.
Had to take the Eldo thru emissions, and upon  leaving, the brake pedal
didn't feel right...like I blew a line. Sure  enough. Now what; I'm 20 miles
from home, all residential roads, what do I  do? The SENSIBLE thing would be
to pull over and call a rollback. But  nooooo; I had to be Mr. Impatient; I
can get this pig back home with the  emergency brake, provided the lights
are
in my favor, especially the one at  the bottom of a long hill en route (it
was).

No Problem, Harry - I've done stupider things. How about continued an
autocross run with the 140 throttle linkage stuck open, using the  ignition
key
to "shut" the throttle? - Hey, it was a points event! I  still won the
class! We have probably all done stupider things. And if stupider  isn't a
word,
it should be.

The folks who do REALLY stupider things? They aren't around to defend
themselves! <grin>

Seth Emerson
the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org