<VV> Hemmings CC John Fitch article

Karl Haakonsen (cityhawk@pobox.com) karlhaakonsen at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 15:34:23 EST 2010

I understand the context, but still, the stock LM Corvair was, by all accounts of people who actually drove them was one of the best-handling cars anywhere near its price range for its day (and even out-handled the contemporary Corvette by 0.01g). His choice of words gives the non-Corvair person the impression that the car was somehow "not pleasing to drive" in its stock form when compared to other cars of its day in stock form, which isn't true. I'm just hypersensitive to (and weary of) Corvair bashing, I guess. :)

Of course tightening the handling in the ways Fitch did made it that much better, of that there's no doubt.