<VV> "Jobber"?

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Dec 31 12:04:18 EST 2010

Bill
Jobber---in the vernacular of the auto parts world has more than one
definition.

An Independent Parts house usually still carries one line of "hard
Parts"---Alt's, AC compressors, starters, etc.   So if an independent
carries say, Carquest Parts but is not a franchisee, he is known as a
"jobber".

Many parts houses consider their commercial accounts---the repair shops,
dealerships etc that they service outside their through thru the door retail
business is their "jobber" business.

People that are independent distributors of Amsoil and other such products
are known as "jobbers for Amsoil".

That should very well muck it up for everyone.

Hank