<VV> scam

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 1 17:22:11 EST 2010

Well I think I've just gotten my first scam.
I put an AM/FM stereo radio for a '68 T-bird on Craig's list, and a chap wants to buy it, but he's going to London on holiday and will send me the $50 asking price PLUS $20 for the delay.
 I smell a rat.
Today, I get an e-mail from this guy who says his 'assistant' sent me  the wrong amount, and I should still cash the certified check and wire him the balance error.
Right.
Obviously this is a fraud, but what do you do? Just throw the check away and forget the whole thing? Anybody been in this situation, and what did YOU do?

Oh, anybody want a factory AM/FM stereo radio for a '68-70 T-bird?

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net