<VV> Evening Orchid Paint/Color

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 2 09:36:42 EST 2010

Pontiac also offered Evening Orchid (paint code P) in '65, but they called
it Iris Mist. No other GM division offered this color.
 Ya know, they've taken some of the magic out of buying a new car these
days. Colors are no longer Evening Orchid, Tuxedo Black, Ermine white, Roman
Red, or Tahitian Turquoise. Now it's Teal, med red metallic, white, etc.
Yuck...
Obviously they fired the color guy. These old names conjour up grand vistas,
fueling our car buying enthusiasm.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net