<VV> Paint Color Names

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 10:36:56 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/2/2010 6:38:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

Ya know,  they've taken some of the magic out of buying a new car these
days. Colors  are no longer Evening Orchid, Tuxedo Black, Ermine white,
Roman
Red, or  Tahitian Turquoise. Now it's Teal, med red metallic, white, etc.
Yuck...
Obviously they fired the color guy. These old names conjure up  grand
vistas,
fueling our car buying enthusiasm.

Harry  Yarnell

Harry - You need to get out more! My wife's new (okay 2009) Saturn  Aura is
"Ocean Mist". A slightly bluish tinted silver. Pretty color.  (Although, I
guess, look what good it did for Saturn). S what does "Ocean  Mist" conjure
up  -  early salt damage? <grin> PS  - Corvette colors still have names:
Velocity Yellow, Atomic Orange, LeMans  Blue, etc.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette