<VV> Scams are fun but don't send ANY $$$ ! (No Corvair)

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at mac.com
Thu Feb 4 02:39:06 EST 2010

Op 4 feb 2010, om 04:43 heeft airvair at earthlink.net het volgende geschreven:

> Been there, done that. What I found out is that IF there is any problem that comes up, direct payments are a HUGE PITA. to deal with. Problems can range from billing disputes to having to change accounts. Trust me, I speak from experience when I say that direct payments are to be avoided if at all possible. Convenient, sure. But it can be a big headache.
>
> -Mark

We have a similar system here but as a customer you have the right to ask the bank to cancel a payment if you feel it's not correct within 60 days. The bank is bound by law to do that. Of course you have to settle your problem with your supplier yourself.

You now have all these possibilities of electronic banking (internet banking), paying direct with your debit card of credit card in stores. I know lots of people use checkbooks in the US but what are the advantages of using still using them nowadays?

Regards,

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Turbo-Charged Cvt