<VV> Changes coming to NASCAR...no Corvair content

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 12:11:57 EST 2010

"Know of any actual "stock" cars that'll run at 200 MPH for 3 hours? I didn't think so! If that makes them "fake".....so mote it be!" "Ever ask yourself....what's the terminal velocity of your average production car? Think it's much above 150 MPH (Hint:  It isn't!)...think it's EVER been much above?"

If you consider todays Corvette as "average production car", then I would say YES to being able to do 200mph for 3hrs. Right now there are a few "production cars" that can exceed 200mph for 3 hrs., but YES they are exotic.

The old ZR-1 production Corvette, those that were built by GM for the Corvette Challenge class, broke a 50 year old record by doing 175mph for 24hrs. and that was almost 20 years ago. http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_records.htm

And before anyone says these were not "production cars", well you could walk into a Chevy dealer and by one. The number of cars produced were very small, but they were production cars available to the general public.

The above record held by the Corvette has been broken again and by a VW!!! Records are set and records will always be broken.

Roy - Bayshore