<VV> Lifter help

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 15:06:17 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/4/2010 12:58:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
still63 at att.net writes:

I have a  66 corsa 140 with bad lifters.I have tried cleaning and reinstall
with no  luck. What is the opinion of replacing all lifters? I know you are
to use  a special lube on new lifters with new cam. How about new lifters
with  lube with a used cam? Any ideas? Thanks Steve  Till

ALL the lifters are bad?  What are the  symptoms--clacking?  It is unusual
for all the lifters to  be bad.  Doublecheck the valve adjustment first per
the manual (or one  of the online sources like the VV archives).  Do you
have adequate oil  pressure?  When you removed and cleaned the lifters did you
sort them and  put them back in the same bores?  Is a Corvair club member
nearby who can  help you doublecheck everything and isolate potential problems
one by one until  you have identified the real problem(s)?  Let VV know.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair