<VV> Corvair winter weekend plans?

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Feb 6 08:16:16 EST 2010

Began snowing early this morning. Still no more than an inch but, its
falling fast and wet. Hope the power stays on.

Will be in the Man-cave/Corvair Alley shop working on my 67 convertible.

Installed a floor mounted parking brake which, I originally was going to put
in the 65 race car when it was street legal. Nice Lokar piece. Looks cool
beside the new Scat Rally bucket seats. The stock 67 bucket seats with real
nice black upholstry are for sale. Will bring to PCG Workshop. Seat buns
need replaced and suspension is rusty. Adjuster tracks work well after I
re-habbed them.
Waiting on some LED bulbs I ordered for the dash. I installed a small tach
in the clock hole while I had it out.

I had asked for suggestions on a lube for the power top motor gears but got
little response so, I cruised the net for info. Setteled on Mobil 1
synthetic grease. Motor is all nice and clean, painted and greased ready for
reinstall. Had to fix one of the top mechanism pivot adjuster bolts. Seems
the PO over tightened and stripped it. Luckliy there was enough usable
threads left to make a longer custom bolt work. I have new Clarks repro
drive cables to install too. Not cheap but, thankfully they are available.
Original has one buggered up connector...PO gorilla mechanic with ViseGrips!

The big job is to rip out the door innards and replace with my perfect rust
free rebuilt window regulators, tracks and vent wing frames from my 65 which
was an Aridzona car. I hate adjusting the roll up windows! I can do it, I
just don't like it!

Lots I want to do on this car but, the race car needs attention so, I can't
get too crazy with it. We all know how it goes...went down to change the oil
and ended up restoring the whole car!

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com