<VV> 68 interior lights

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 14:52:06 EST 2010

                                           B"H

The interior courtesy light on a coupe doesn't dim with the instrument lights.  I have an original 69 that has a glovebox light but no underdash lights.

The dome light gives a pathetic amount of light, perhaps due to the plastic lens being clouded from age.  By adding 2 bright lights under the dash, spliced into the dome light circuit, the interior is illumiated brilliantly when the doors are opened, much more satisfactory, especially on a dark night.

I would venture that a lighting problem is probably due to a defective door jamb switch.  These things are 40 years old, plastic cracks and deteriates, and wires do the same.

Regarding colors, 68s came in Monza gold, Monza Blue, and Monza Black.  The same colors were available with 500 designations as well.  In 1969 gold was replaced by green.