<VV> "Clunk" when shifting into gear

iscdirector iscdirector at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 14:05:39 EST 2010

Timothy, I sent this response to Dennis earlier which explains why it often breaks. Certainly age and fatigue are a factor on most of the parts on our cars:
"I did mention the spring. The low vacuum situation allows too much pump pressure to develop at idle thus breaking the spring, the e-clip, and loosening the pinion gear on the shaft. Cause and effect"