<VV> International Textbook Co (No Corvair Content)

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Feb 9 13:25:21 EST 2010

All:  We are early in the process to begin to commence to start to downsize
our accumulated "stuff".  Some of the "stuff" is from my parents, which I
could not just throw away...yet.

One box of "stuff" is a set of 28 volumes listed below.  From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Textbook_Company I find The
International Textbook Co. was part of a correspondence school movement back
in the days when post 8th grade and/or trade schools were hard to come by.
And it went out of business in the late '60's  All these books appear to be
unused (!) and have soft but not paperback covers.  I have no idea their
origin, as my late father had no electrical expertise or related profession.
They were just there in a box when we had to move my mom to an assisted care
unit after he moved to a Alzheimer facility several years ago.

There is a list of these type books in the Wikipedia article.  All but one
or two books I have are not on that list.  I've thought about trying to
update the info there with these books, but it looks like way to much work
and time given my other priorities.

If anybody has an interest in these book's contact me off line.  If you want
to update Wikipedia you have my permission to use this information to do so.

Historically Yours,
			 James Rice

Volume #39 (1935) Brush Practices-Lettering Styles
Volume #81 (1921) Arithmetic -I
Volume #82 (1921) Arithmetic -II
Volume #145 (1930) Trigonometry -Slide Rule -Mechanics
Volume #146B (1930) Electricity and Magnetism
Volume #147B (1930) D.C. Motors and Generators
Volume #148B (1930) Alternating Currents
Volume #149B (1930) Transformers
Volume #150B (1930) Rectifiers-Converters-Motor Applications
Volume #N151 (1931) Electrical Measuring Instruments
Volume #N152 (1930) Electric Illumination
Volume #N153B (1931) Electric Heating parts 1 and 2, Electric Furnaces
Volume #N154 (1929) Line Transmissions and Calculations
Volume #N155 (1930) Switchgear and Voltage Regulation
Volume #156B (1930)  Electric Stations and Substations
Volume #157B (1931) Operation of Electric Machinery-Test
Volume #161 (1930) Design: DC Machines and Transmissions
Volume #162 (1930) Design-AC Machines
Volume #163 (1931) Geometrical Drawing
Volume #169 (1931) Electric Elevators-II
Volume #212 (1927) Mechanical Drawing
Volume #238 (1930) Formulas-Cube Root-Logarithms
Volume #549 (1929) Interior Wiring-Electric Signals
Volume #552 (1929) Storage Batteries
Volume #555 (1930) Alternators and AC Motors
Volume #556 (1931) Interior and Exterior Lighting
Volume #568 (1931) Electric  Elevations
Volume #577 (19300  Watthour Meters