<VV> Mechanic Recommendation

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:54:24 EST 2010

I have a 65 Corsa convertible, and I'm in Columbus OH. I'm in need of
assistance from a good Corvair mechanic. I bought carb rebuild kits
(primaries & secondaries) from Clark's. A local club member, recommended for
his mechanical skills, agreed to tackle the carb rebuild, cut a coil from
the front springs, and install rear seat belts. Unfortunately, he's been
busier than anticipated and our early fall 2009 date is almost six months
gone, with no reschedule date.

I am interested in getting this work done before 'convertible weather' is
back, which with luck will be April. Can anyone recommend (off-list please)
a good mechanic for the above work that's within 3-4 hours distance of
Columbus?

Thanks,
Jay Pitchford
65 Corsa Vert