<VV> 67-69 Turn Signal Switch

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 14:42:24 EST 2010

                                                  B"H

Frank:  I modified the existing cup by drilling a new hole, and plugging the original hole with plastic tape as a temporary measure.

Eventually I'll replace that with something more elegant, no doubt.

Keep in mind that, based on Kent's information, the switch housings for these GM models (67-68 Chevys and Pontiacs) were similar to the Corvairs, with the addition of a small lip at the base.  I believe this lip could be banged out using a hammer and flat surface.

If you choose to drill a hole in your existing housing, make sure it's large enough to fit the original flasher button into the new switch without binding.  The hole I drilled was too small at first, rather than remove the assembly and widen it, I stupidly widened the hole with the switch in place, which not only widened the hole in the housing, but drilled out the plastic in the flasher switch!

Now the button's threads were too small to screw into the plastic switch housing.  To fix, I had to drill a hole through the center of the button (from the top), and insert a screw through the button and into the switch.  Not as pretty as it was originally, but you can still use the button and the flasher works.

I'll probably take the car out tomorrow or next week, G-d willing, to test the new installation...Bill Hershkowitz