<VV> Thievery Re: WINNER WEATHER... (in the Metroplex)

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 09:50:54 EST 2010

Ken,
     From years of parking in NYC, and after my buddy "lost" a set of golf clubs from his car I learned that you have to make things INVISIBLE to a potential thief.  If he can look inside your vehicle and SEE something he wants, you have a good chance of "losing" it.  Some high end radios even have a nondescript facia that flips down to conceal the $$$ unit underneath.  I still stuff things under the seat or simply hide them under shopping flyer papers.
      Frank "what, me paranoid?" Burkhard

In a message dated 02/12/10 08:14:58 Eastern Standard Time, kcvair at hotmail.com writes:
We enjoyed the convention also, except someone broke into our truck by smashing a window and stealing radio and other components.  Caused over $1000 damage for less than $400 items.  This was while in the garage with security.  I don't hold this against Dallas as I know there are thieves everywhere.  Ken