<VV> Thievery Re: WINNER WEATHER... (in the Metroplex)

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 12 11:37:13 EST 2010

This is a different kind of thievery than I anticipated. Recently we had a large dumping of snow in SW Colorado, around 3 feet in 3 days. At the same time my snow plow truck trans quit working. I called a couple of people that advertise snow removal. My parking lot is not very big, it's about 1/2 an acre. I advised them all I can usually clean it myself with my plow truck in about 20-30 minutes. The conversation went something like "About 30 minutes? I could do it for $200". I was floored. I was hoping for about 50 or 60 bucks. I guess it's the American way. Oh by the way, thank God for good neighbors. Now I owe 1 of my neighbors who came over here a couple of times and spent about 30 minuts each time.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
Looking forward to the coming spring weather and Iowa in June