<VV> Thievery Re: WINNER WEATHER... (in the Metroplex)

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 11:59:18 EST 2010

Timothy,
I wouldn't call that "thievery" but rather "extortion".  Reminds me of the time a few winters ago when I was out struggling with my shovel to get a BIG snowfall cleared off my driveway so I could get my car out.  Fortunately for me, one of my neighbors who worked for an auto dealer a half block away had borrowed a front end loader and was driving down the street to his home when he saw me and stopped to help out.  He did the whole driveway in a few minutes and refused to accept any payment.  With a wave of his hand he took off homeward.  But I "got even" with him when I left a bottle of fine Italian liqueur with a note of thanks on his doorstep.
That's what neighbors are for - to help each other out.
Frank "appreciates real neighbors" Burkhard