<VV> U-joint bolts

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Feb 15 13:15:53 EST 2010

I have noticed the same problem with bolt heads being too thin to get a
good grip on them when they are too close to the "bend" in the U-joint
strap.  The solution is to put one or two lock washers under the head
and that raises them up enough to get full contact.  Or you can put
socket head screws in place of the hex heads and use an Allen wrench to
tighten.  This prevents breaking or stripping the screws as the wrench
bends before breaking the screws.  I also suggest lock tight or other
thread locker as these bolts do loosen up with use.
Clark Hartzel