<VV> Towing with a Car Dolly or Flat tow

James Speas james.speas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 11:21:56 EST 2010

I posted a question about towing a corvair with a car dolly and watched all of the responses and they went back and forth about towing on a dolly or with a tow bar with all 4's on the ground.  I had some say that it was bad for the transmission to tow it pulled onto a car dolly with the back wheels on the ground but also people said we should tow it with all 4's on the ground with a tow bar.  I am not being a smart A@* but isn't it the same way either way the back wheels are on the ground?  I am really new to Corvairs and maybe I might be missing something is the translation but could someone explain whats the difference.  I just want to know if I use a car dolly can I hurt my transmission?

Thanks
James
64 monza conv
61 lakewood