<VV> VV seems to have lost focus

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Tue Feb 16 15:50:49 EST 2010

Craig et al:

I think the 'techie' traffic is down - but maybe just people aren't working on stuff right now? Or people's perception of "what the list is for" has changed over the years?

When I joined VV (1995 - 15 years ago!) it was pretty much ALL tech content - so much so that I printed an archive that I found and used it for reading material for some months! Possibly people are a lot more 'at ease' on the internet now and use it more casually for social purposes - and that rolls over into VV.

I'm building a 140 - and every now and then post a question (it's been 10 years since I built an engine - that one (150 Spyder) is still running fine too!). I get lots of private responses - and sometimes kick off a couple days of discussion here too.

I like the way that works. The non-tech discussion just keeps the list alive between my techie queries...

Les
Message: 4