<VV> Fuel milage and the cold

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 07:11:33 EST 2010

 Yep, and more basic than some people think! The density and the viscosity of air increases with decreasing temperature. Where I live, that would be about the right gas mileage drop from a hot summer day to a below freezing day.
The other reason, which becomes less of a factor as the trips get longer, is the warm up time increases, and the amount of time the choke stays on increases.

John Roberts