<VV> (LM steering joints)

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Fri Feb 19 19:11:26 EST 2010

Chris,  what I think you are calling a "cover", I call the cup, that is
the metal part that the blocks and a lot of grease ride in.  The one's I
have taken apart also have a rubber boot (sort of like the accelerator
boot) that come in from the open end of the cup, is held in by an
internal C clip and seals around the steering shaft to keep the grease
in and dirt out.  Is that perhaps the part that was "replaced" with
black tape?  Vega's share the same type of joint and the boot will
interchange on the Corvair . . . (like Vega parts are any easier to
find).

Hope that helps.

tkalp
wichita, ks