<VV> Cars at workshop

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 22:14:19 EST 2010

History is repeating itself at this years Performance Workshop March 13
in Indy..

My son, Michael LeVeque of Levair performance , is building an all
steel tribute car to my old YS 160 Yenko Stinger that I road raced in
the 70s.

For info on this build visit "Corvair Forum" and click on "Member's
rides, projects, builds."
 and go to" Pics of new race car" by Mlevair

Then you can go to "YS 160 Ancient History" for a story and details of
the  original car. My sons and my old crew forced me to write before I
forgot everything.

Michael was a pre teen when this car was built and raced. He remembers
EVERYTHING.

He forced me to dig out old photos to do the tribute car as correct as
possible.

The car is prepared and painted just as the production (now vintage)
era was ending.

I finally got to go over and help some this week--my torn rotator cuff
is somewhat better--it's instant de ja vu for me. I get cold chills
looking at it.

Michael already has one of the fastest cars in the club "Old Yeller"
and now will have a "beautiful" fast one.

If it isn't drivable at that time we'll push it into the building with
your help.

Warren "proud papa" LeVeque