<VV> Corvair parts on eBay --> spoofed links and "properties"

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Feb 20 22:32:08 EST 2010

Before clicking on ANY link (URL or email address or whatever) look in the
status bar (usually lower left of the window) to see what the address REALLY
is - if you see #'s (like 128.22.33.44) or anything that doesn't look the
same as the link you see, do NOT click on it - it's a spoofed link, and will
connect you to some other computer that can now connect to your computer !

It's very easy to make a site look like another site, you have to be very
careful out there -

I have one that says my PayPal account has been cancelled and to "Click
here" to fix it.

The "Properties" of that link are http://mail.hlt.com.cn/webmail/paypal.com/
which is NOT PayPal, but notice that it DOES have 'PayPal' in it, to make it
look legit.

Forward the entire email to Fraud at PayPal.com and they can dissect the
message to find who sent it, and will hunt it down.

There is even a spoofed Fraudp at PPL.com that someone is trying, so you just
have to be aware of what is legit to be safe.

If you suspect something, change your password right away and notify banks,
etc, so you're covered too !

Have fun and don't give them all your money !

Charlie