<VV> Tele Column

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 10:22:33 EST 2010

Sorry Frank, I have to disagree with you on this one.

Looking at Clark's Corvair prices for used parts, I see a steering box core charge of $125.00, add to that a plain steering wheel for $29.00 and a pitman arm for $17.00 and we are at $171.00 and we haven't even mentioned the tele column as yet.

Looking at the start price of $83.00, I think that is more than fair.

I know for a fact that steering box rebuilders will pay $125.00 each for used steering boxes because I was contacted by one and was OFFERED $100.00 for the steering boxes I had. When I told them that Clark's has a core charge of $125.00 they said they would meet that price and will take as many as they can get. I decided to hold onto the used boxes I had, because I think these are going to the street rodder guys.

But getting back to the eBay auctions.....I see Bob's steering column is at $304.00 right now and still has a few days left to go.

There is another auction for a tele column with a starting bid of $1000.00, hum. Seems a little high to me, but it is refinished and it does have a wood wheel but no steering box. Considering all these things, is it over priced? I don't know.

I think Bob's auction is more than fair and now looking at his shipping charge of 1 cent, 1 penny, 1/100th of a dollar! WOW, can't complain about shipping.

Roy - Bayshore