<VV> Engine build - engine compartment seal?

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Mon Feb 22 10:55:03 EST 2010

I have a replacement seal here ('65 140). Can someone point me to a good set of instructions (With a picture!) on how it installs?

One edge obviously clips over the engine shrouds - the seal comes off that edge at an angle. Does that angle go in towards the engine or out towards the body?

Where does the end joint of the seal go? Do you glue the ends together (weatherstrip adhesive)?

Is the rear seal retainer (across the frame rail at the rear motor mount) one piece that extends all the way across? I have two small pieces that don't quite reach the motor mount but it looks like it's been cut that way.

If it's one piece, does someone have an extra they can spare?

Thanks,
Les
corvair at mts.net
(building a Canadian '65 Corsa cvt from scratch)