<VV> AntiVirus Re: Unexplained URL - NO CORVAIR

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Wed Feb 24 19:13:17 EST 2010

Or, if you were using a Mac, you could just not worry about it :-)

(No need to tell me there are some viruses that attack Macs. I know
that. But I've never used any virus software on my Macs and I've never
had a problem. Maybe some day I'll buy some, just to be safe. None of
these recent e-mails caused me any problems.)

On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:40 PM, FrankCB wrote:

> Timothy,
>     You waited until you got hit with a virus BEFORE you bought anti-
> virus software??  WOW!!  Are you lucky that it didn't completely
> DISABLE your entire computer!!!!!  When I bought my laptop almost 4
> years ago, I had anti-virus software installed BEFORE I even took
> delivery.  I also have installed other software to protect against
> various forms of "malware" that aren't viruses.  But I'm the type
> that installed seat belts in cars that didn't have them when I
> bought them (1951 Hudson and 1958 Plymouth).  I even put a safety
> harness in the back of our 1965 Corvair years ago so little 3+ year
> old Jimmy could be safer.
>     I guess that makes me a "worry wart".
>     Frank "what, me worry - YES" Burkhard
>
> In a message dated 02/24/10 12:41:25 Eastern Standard Time, shortle556 at earthlink.net
>  writes:
> DON'T OPEN IT. I clicked on it and was infiltrated with a virus.
> Cost me $80 for antivirus software. Is this guy a scammer?
> Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
> with $80 less wealth

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug