<VV> arrogance WAS tele column

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 25 08:54:13 EST 2010

I of course am in no way contemptuous of ALL Corvette owners. I like
Corvettes, too. Wouldn't mind having one or two, if only I had money like
Bill Harrah did. But I don't.

It's just those people who disrespect Corvair parts, and owners, to the
point that is illustrated by those who are so willing to remove from
Corvair use some very rare parts, just to satisfy their own greed. And THAT
is pure callous, disrespectful arrogance by anybody's standards. If a
Corvette person is truely a car lover, he wouldn't do that. A true car
lover respects EVERYbody's cars (even though we can make friendly jokes
about some of them.) and will leave others' rare parts alone. And THAT is
what annoys me.

-Mark

P.S. Note that any Falcon jokes I make is purely in the spirit of friendly
rivalry. F**d and Chevy have always had a good rivalry. Falcon was
Corvair's chief rival, so other than Ralphie jokes, what better target? All
in good fun..... and I sincerely wish F**d good success. Just as long as
they're behind Chevy in sales. (G)

acknowledged the right of others to have their feelings.  All is well with
that but, there can come a time which one becomes arrogant in their
judgment of the arrogance of others.

> Past experience tells me Corvette guys and gals are generally 'old car
people' just the same as Corvair fans. Most have an interest in Corvairs
and many have a Corvair.  And there are quite a few Corvair owners that
have a Corvette as their second car!  Corvette people value parts and
pieces so they swap and sell just like the rest of us if there is a market
for their items.