<VV> Jay's 140 is stock

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Feb 26 12:34:06 EST 2010

1965 Corsa convert to Michigan it had developed a noise
somewhere down inside of the engine. Since we planned our
trip to Georgia to retrieve the car for the week just
prior to the Woodward Dream Cruise, my son wanted to drive
it at the cruise. The engine was completely rebuilt by a
reputable Corvair guy, but the former owner admitted that
one cylinder head was replaced after the rebuild due to a
failed valve seat (that NEVER happens on any of my
'60's!). So Paul and I did the late night thrash to
determine the cause of the noise. We found a very small
piece of metal had dislodged and bounced around #4 hole
just a bit. No permanent damage, just enough to make that
pesky noise that we feared was much worse. The next
morning we buttoned the engine back up with new gaskets
and Paul did make the cruise in a beautiful red Corsa 4
speed convertible. He had a smile from ear to ear!

I am glad that Jay ended up with the car. He and his kids
will definitely have great times with it. My son misses
the car - which he nick-named "Jethro" (long story best
told off-line). And my grand kids loved riding around the
neighborhood in the car with the top down. Now I can only
take them out one at a time in the white Corvette. Rats!
T-tops are no substitute for a folding top. - Caveman Pete