<VV> Greed WAS arrogance WAS tele column

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Feb 27 09:08:36 EST 2010

Assuming?  Not hardly.  I well understood you had not considered all of the possibilities but the fact is you and I both know more than one Corvair parts collector.  How are you planning on assuring those very rare parts DO NOT go to one of them?  It is too bad that the 'poor boy' attitude has held Corvair values to a minimum ... that it should stop a true Corvair collector from bidding for desired parts on the open market.  While I agree it is nice to have rare parts available to use on our cars we have no right to criticize those that are willing to pay for the parts they need.
You have personally profited from one such person ... calling names might just put off that guy from giving someone else a break.
Ken P

***********************************

airvair at earthlink.net wrote:

You are assuming that a Corvair person would merely sit it on a shelf.
That's not my thoughts at all. The REAL question should be, "which is
worse, a Corvette guy buying that rare part and putting it on his car, or a
Corvair collector that would buy that same part to put it on his car?" THAT
is the crux of my arguement.

-Mark

putting it on his car or one of the Corvair parts collectors that would buy
that same part to put in their collection, never to be used or even seen
again?  To me, that is real greed and I, in the past, have refused to sell
a couple of somewhat rare parts to a part collector.