<VV> More on Tele -- another answer

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 27 17:09:45 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/27/2010 7:16:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Vairtec at optonline.net writes:

Well, my  question concerns only the stock steering wheel, rather than
any of the  other parts and pieces. If this Corvette guy gives me
this  wheel  from a 1965 Corvair telescoping column (not a wood wheel,
just a standard  painted-plastic wheel), does it fit only the 1965
tele column, or does it  fit other columns?

--Bob Marlow

Now I see (said the blind man) The painted plastic wheel from a non-wood
tele-column set might fit other cars. It has the larger (non-64-65-66
Corvair)  spline. This spline was used on 60-63 Corvairs and 67-69 Corvairs  - and
most other GM cars - even up to today. It won't fit a non-tele 64-65-66
Corvair.  It is possible that some 65-66 Corvair owner wants to remove his
wood-grainish  telescoping wheel assembly and convert it to the plainer painted
wheel  assembly.  That person should have his eyes/brain/taste examined. -
But  that is only my opinion <grin>. PS most of the adjusting mechanism is
different between the plastic and the wood wheels. Your Corvette guy won't be
 able to use much of that either.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette