<VV> Wheel Removal

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 23:46:16 EST 2010

I needed to take the stock plain wheel off my '66 to repaint the column. I grabbed my puller and found it would not fit because it was too wide. I spent about 5 minutes making a puller out of a little plate. Drilled two holes for some threaded rod and used the shaft nut slightly backed off. The wheel popped right off. I don't think it would have been worth the bruises on my hands to do it by the other methods mentioned!

Ed

P.S. I now carry my little puller on junk yard visits in case I find a Corvair wheel I want!