<VV> [FC] Warning: vry dangerous invasive files NO CORVAIR

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun May 2 09:50:53 EDT 2010

 Here's some tips:

If you have a pop up window that refuses to close, close your browser, whatever that may be. Hit CTRL ALT DEL, click on 'Processes' under Task Manager, find your browser, and close it by selecting it and closing it. I use FireFox (and highly recommend it over Internet Exploder), so look for a file that starts with firefox. Or starts with ie, if you're using Internet Exploder, or whatever, select it, and RIGHT click on it. Select 'End Process Tree' and follow the instructions to close it. Don't worry about the message about upsetting your computer, if all you're doing is closing your browser, it'll be fine.

Then restart your browser and continue. REMEMBER not to go there next time!

Also, have REALLY GOOD anti virus software. I've given up on free stuff. Given the havoc these things cause, premium software is a comparative bargain, big time. I use Kaspersky Labs, it's constantly updating, operates in the background, and WILL stop you dead in your tracks if you come across something bad. Definitely worth the $80 a year for three computers.

John Roberts