<VV> Water Injection Update

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sun May 2 17:35:00 EDT 2010

RIGHT ON!!!  Please, take pictures of the installation so we can all  see
what you did.

Scotty from Hollyweird

In a message dated 5/2/2010 1:49:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

B"H

Just want to let everyone know that I installed  a temperature control
switch (designed for electric fans in water-pumpers) and  it seems to work
successfully.

I inserted the probe into the opening in  the turkey roaster where the
summer/winter plate is located, and there is  plenty of clearance between the
cover and the shroud to tuck the probe inside  the hot air stream.

I secured the capillary tube using a screw from the  oil cooler and a
washer, coiled it once around that screw, and tucked the  sensor/probe inside.

I am still working on the writeup for the entire  project.  It is taking
more time than I anticipated, but once it's done I  am more than happy to
share with everyone.  I'll take some pics as well  to include in the
documentation.

The temp switch is adustable and I'm  still playing with the best setting.
One problem is with "hot-starting;"  engine vacuum at start triggers the
pump, but you don't want any water  injection until AFTER the hot engine has
started and the idle has  stabilized.  And when hot, the temp switch turns
everything on.  For  now, I switch off the system from the dash when starting
the engine hot, then  flip it back on when the idle steadies.  Not a really
big  deal.

But at least from cold, it's fully automatic and works  wonderfully...Bill
Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG

the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/